Today we mostly share our files through USB and some storage drivers, but due to some viruses or if the drive is unmounted improperly from port then it can be lead to data corruption and they stop working properly. There are following three updated steps form which you can recover data from corrupted USB:
First Method: Assign a New Drive
- First insert your USB and then Right Click on My Computer and select Manage.
- Now you will see Computer Management Panel from where you have to choose option Disk Management.
- Right Click on Disk Management and choose option Change Drive Letters and Paths.
- Now you will see the option to assign the new drive. Choose your desired letter from drop down list and select OK.
You are done! Just reinsert your USB and see whether your computer recognizes it or not! If not then try more methods below.
Second Method: Using Command Prompt
- First insert your USB and then go to Start and type cmd and Right Click on that and choose Run as Administrator.
- Now type chkdsk H:/f where ‘H‘ is the drive which can be different on your computer which you can check when you open My Computer.
- Now files and folders verifying processes will be start and you can see the percentage there. If it get the error then just enter Y there.
- When it is done, you should see this in your command window and you will get the recovered data in the directory Lost.dir in your USB.
- If you see no items in USB then just press ‘.‘ (Dot) in a search box top right corner and press enter.
Third Method: Reinstalling the Drivers
- First insert your USB drive into the computer and then Open Device Manager. On the Device Manager, you need to click on ‘Disk Drives’ and expand the menu.
- Now you will now see all the devices connected to your computer. You need to right-click on your USB drive and then select the option ‘Uninstall Device’.
- Now finally restart your PC to make final changes to it. After the restart, it will automatically detect and install the driver.
Fourth Method: Using Third Party Software
1) Using EaseUS Recovery
- First of all download software EaseUS Data Recovery from Windows Play store or given link below:
Download EaseUS Data Recovery (Size: 15.5 MB) (Please wait for 3-4 second to get it download)
- When you launch this, you will see the option to select the file type that you want to recover. Choose it and click ‘Next‘
- Now insert you USB and choose button ‘Scan‘, EaseUS Data Recovery will quickly scan for lost files.
- Once the scan gets completed, you can preview all the files that has recovered. Just click on ‘Recover‘ button to get your lost files back.
2) Using Recuva
- First of all, download and install ‘Recuva’ file recovery tool on your Windows PC using given link:
Download Recuva File Recover for Windows (Size: 5.2 MB) (Please wait for 3-4 Seconds after clicking to get it download)
- Now you will see the similar type of screen. Here you need to select the type of files that you want to recover. If you want to recover Pictures then select the option Pictures and then click ‘Next‘
- Now in the next popup window, you need to select the location. For that, you need to browse your USB drive and then click ‘Next‘ button.
- Now, wait for few minutes. The software will scan the files…
- Once done, it will show you all types of files. Just select them and then click on ‘Recover‘.
That’s it! You are done. This is how you can recover files from corrupted USB drives using Recuva software.